Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Boundaries and Breasts

Did an interview with a dear friend today, and he was asking me all sorts of questions about how I perceived my chest, my gender, my nipples, as he writes upon such matters...

Sure he presumed I was just being vague 'cos I was a bit trashy, but it wasn't that at all, just DAMN that stuff is hard to articulate, even after having written so much and discussed so much about it all... Geez... It actually hurt to discuss it, and made me very uncomfortable, as I realised just how much of the 'bad stuff' one internalises, the 'boys don't have jiggly tits and girls don't have dangly bits' etc, despite the theorising and sitting about crapping on endlessly about it and the logical conscious 'knowing' how to deconstruct it all and being all queer and trans and whatnot... at the end of the day, its still HARD WORK to actually reconfigure the way you think of yourself, your body, your bits... Even now I am still reeling, can't quite put it into words. Just feeling unsettled, but happy that I did the interview all the same. Thanks to all those who enable me to push my boundaries, breastly and otherwise!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was wondering how the interview went... and found this post whilst riffling through your blog in my still-trashy/comedown state this evening.

internalised social commentary is indeed disturbing when it pops up... especially after much time has been spent digging it out and turning it over to see how it works.
am more than happy to enable you to push your boundaries wherever you'd like to take them m'dear
x fi

10:43 pm  
Blogger Zoo said...

'am more than happy to enable you to push your boundaries wherever you'd like to take them m'dear'...

will hold you to that you know. literally!

x

10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good >:D

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home