Thursday, May 22, 2008

Settled, And Stirred

Hmm, it was asked of me tonight if I want to find someone to 'settle down with'? Not exactly. What I want from a 'partner' is much the same as I want from my mates (in various contexts). Someone to:

Laugh with me. Dance with me. Provoke me. Inspire me. Walk with me. Cook with me. Eat with me. Love with me. Cry with me. Play dress-ups with me. Make stories with me. Make history with me. Read with me. Ache with me. Smile with me. Bleed with me. Hurt with me. Heal with me. Travel with me. Live with me.

None of this as passive as to 'settle down' would suggest. To settle in terms or not being quite so agitated perhaps, but not in terms of not agitating. Still need to keep stirring the pot. And loins.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Urban (r)Evolutionary said...

Absolutely.

If I wanted settled down I'd adopt an old dog from the pound, and we'd have a quiet and regular, companionable daily routine together.

Not that that would be bad, but from a partner? More. Much more.

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home