Monday, November 13, 2006

Away From The Safe Harbour

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

At this very moment all I want to do is pack up my car and head North. Of course, I still have to buy the car (and get a licence), so its not about to happen just yet. Middle of next year I expect.
Of course, there are people in Sydney who are very dear to me, my family and mates and the Gentleman Caller and A Certain Boy. I don't want to leave them, but I do need to get away from this place- at least for a while. I don't feel safe in my safe harbour anymore.

There are too many ghosts in my ghetto. Every streets is paved with people I used to know and there is a cafe on every corner where so many hangovers were shared. Every bar is haunted with dead drunken affairs and every restaurant table is cluttered with unfinished wine and conversation. I walk around jumping at shadows, spooked and shaken, waiting for the bogeyman to hunt me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home