Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wandering, Wondering

This life is a hospital where every patient is possessed with the desire to change beds; one man would like to suffer in front of the stove, and another believes that he would recover his health beside the window. It always seems to me that I should feel well in the place where I am not, and this question of removal is one which I discuss incessantly with my soul.

-- Charles Baudelaire

A friend of a friend posted this as a comment in reply to a message about wanting to emigrate. It fits perfectly with my own soul-searching about my semi-nomadic lifestyle, and the imagining of who one will be if one is located somewhere else. As I prepare to return 'home' I can't help but fear that familiar places will bring about the return of my less desired elements as well as some I miss...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home