Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pulsating Bugs

You crawled into my bed like some sort of giant insect
And I found myself spellbound that night at the sight of you there,
Beautiful and grotesque and all the rest of that bug stuff
Fluttering your way into my mouth,
Behind my teeth, reaching for my scars.
That night we got kicked out of two bars and laughed our way home.
That night you leaned over and threw up into your hair.
And I held you there thinking I would offer you my pulse
If I thought it would be useful...

I would give you my breath.
I would offer you my pulse.

- Ani Di Franco
'Pulse'

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

odd - i was listening to this song just after 6pm perth time on thurs... and you posted the lyrics at 6pm sydney time...
synchronicity is a beautiful thing
xx fi

10:37 pm  
Blogger Zoo said...

synchronicity is indeed a beautiful thing... great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ though?

xxx
zoo

1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home