Thursday, July 31, 2008

Is It At All Possible...

that the reason I have been feeling a little out-of-sorts since arriving in Perth, (aside from one friend back home dying and being ill TWICE, plus generally missing my drinking buddies) is that... oh dear, its TOO embarrassing to consider...ummm... well.. nah... couldn't be...then again, maybe I'm just in denial... NOT ONE PERSON HAS TRIED TO PICK ME UP? Not that I need picking up, am quite content here with my Significant Monster, but, well, I just don't feel like I've cracked a city if I haven't had anyone try it on. True, there be a bevy of flirty boys, but not the kind of boys that would do anything more about it, and its kind of odd to walk about the world with no idea of whether I would able to score so much as a dancefloor snog from the general freaky populace. It makes me nervous- even if I don't want it its nice to know I could still get it! No wonder I feel so displaced!

That said, I have hardly been anywhere where cruising is likely. The only dyke night is full of Lemons With A Twist types ('straight lesbians in suits'), the freaky night, Zoo, is mostly gayboys and straight chicks that I can tell, and the major gay bar, Connie's, well, I've seen more trade at Stonewall on a Friday-night. Arrrgh!

What to do?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Urban (r)Evolutionary said...

what to do.. go to the Steamworks? or one of the Bears Den Nights? Or hang around Hyde Park at about... 4pm, weekdays.

Otherwise, I could pick ya up.
I'm pretty strong - well trained muscles and all that. ;)

6:47 pm  
Blogger Zoo said...

Cheeky sod :P

Hmm, Hyde Park? Maybe I should start keeping watch from the wee one's flat then? Never occurred to me that Perth even HAD beats!

7:00 pm  
Blogger Urban (r)Evolutionary said...

Ptth. Of COURSE we do.
Keep watch in the park - it's an awesome spot (and you're closer to the action)

In summer.. you want the dunes at the nudey beach. I've.. heard.

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home