Saturday, September 13, 2008

Golden Oldies

Here we are in our summer years
Living on icecream and chocolate kisses
Would the leaves fall from the trees
If I was your old man and you were my missus

- Billy Bragg
'Greetings To A New Brunette'


Loving you
Is a world thats strange
So much more than my heart can hold
Loving you
Makes the whole world change
Loving you, I could not grow old


- Morrissey and Siouxsie
'Interlude'

Does anyone else remember the scene in Tales of the City where Mrs Madrigal swaps the kids on the beach a joint for a go with their kite? She's with Edgar, and he makes some comment on the fact the she is remarkable for her age. And she tells him it is nonsense, and that this is EXACTLY how someone her age should act (or thereabouts).

One of the presents I gave Monster for her birthday was a kite.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home