Monday, January 22, 2007

The Gambler

I'm not much of a Gambler, Kenny Rogers' style or otherwise. I rarely know when to hold them and when to fold them, or when to walk away and when to run. I take stupid risks, put everything at stake even when my gut instinct says to do otherwise. I invest so much that I really have no choice but to stay in the game to the bitter end. I don't want to believe that I am going to lose it all, even if I have time and time before. Why? Optimism? Desperation? Delusion? Arrogance?

It is true that every hand's a winner, and every hand's a loser. If only I had a poker face I might win sometimes, but my cards are always on the table. Double or nothing.

2 Comments:

Blogger whoretic said...

"Now evry gambler knows that the secret to survivin
Is knowin what to throw away and knowing what to keep."
I don't thing double or nothing is so bad, however, if what your gambling on isn't worth it, then it becomes an issue. Gambling on something that you'd best throw away then staying in the game seems like a waste of emotional energy.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Zoo said...

Dang! Knew I should have looked up the rest of the lyrics... thankyou, oh Wise Whoretic :)

7:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home