Thursday, February 08, 2007

Boy, I'm Gonna Make You Sweat

Men's Sweat Drives Women Wild, with raised levels of cortisol ('secreted by the body to help maintain proper arousal') found in women who had sniffed androstadienone (musky-smelling 'derivative of testosterone... found in male sweat as well as in saliva and semen), according to new University of California research. Unfortunately, 'researchers used only heterosexual women in the study out of concern that homosexual women may respond differently to this male chemical'. Grrr! Wouldn't it add to the validity of the study to include homo-grrls? What were these researchers thinking?

The first time I understood the impact of boy-smell was when I was a (pre)adolescent creature out bushwalking with my Dad in the Royal National Park. It must have been the season for deer-loving I guess, because as we walked through a certain section I became incredibly aware of a musky scent that I knew without asking came from the stags who had passed that way before us. And it left me feeling a little unsettled, with something stirring inside me but I didn't quite know what... Ah, all of this has made me want to drag on my camos and hiking boots and head for the Park. A nice big walk would be fantastic, with maybe a skinnydip in a rockpool and an icecream on the way home. Haven't been outside in over 24 hours, not even for a cigarette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home