Thursday, May 31, 2007

More Adventures To Be Had

WARNING: HANGOVER RAMBLE AHEAD

Ahh, life is mostly good at the moment! Aside from a few ouchy conflicts with folk that I would dearly love to resolve, things are pretty much flowing along nicely. Have been getting enough work to keep myself solvent. LezBeanz works for a ticketing company and has given me her plus one for Barry Humphries next Tuesday night- should be a very silly night for the two of us. Heading down to Camp Betty, to stay in the home of a very lovely young lady. Tonight hanging out to have dinner with SharntSayNo and hopefully watch the whole Season 3 of Scrubs. Acupuncture tomorrow (one of my favourite new indulgences). Have a spiffing new tattoo. Performance work developing slowly but surely, and some nice collaborative pieces slowly forming. Upon returning from debauchery and delirium south of the border, will be housesitting my friends' place in the Southern Highlands for a couple of weeks or so (two cute dogs to walk and play with, spa, gorgeous gardens, a fully equipped dungeon at my disposal-anyone up for a visit?, broadband, cable, nice warm electric blankie on the spare bed). Planning to read a lot, write a lot, do lots of nice walks and eat really well, just try to chill out and watch lots of DVDs and really look after myself. Have found the details for a very good Vipassana retreat in Blackheath, so once work settle down in Augsut might treat myself to ten days or so of silence and contemplation before settling back down to my studies. And getting used to my single state gradually, with far less twinges of loneliness and regret. Feeling much more secure that I still am worthy and loved by many.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I've done the Vipassana retreat in Blackheath..all I can say is ..very intense. Trying to shut your mind up, trying to turn of the incessant chatter is a real struggle - well I found it to be. But great in the end! Also, you need to take your re-entry back into the world very carefully - slip in quietly - like a fox
PV

8:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

visitation for a bear?

hunter

12:15 am  
Blogger Zoo said...

hunter- visitation for a bear most definately!!! just let me know when and i'll make sure the dungeon is ready...

pv- yes indeed, i am reckoning on the vipassana retreat to be a really intense and difficult journey. its not so much the SPEAKING that will worry me (although that will be hard i'm sure), but when my friend mentioned that you couldn't WRITE whilst you were there it was almost enough to make me change my mind! i often have a mild panic if i find myself accidentally without pen and paper, and as for no blogging... ouch! still, with no alcohol or cigarettes i will possibly be in such a state of shock that i won't realise much for the first few days. thinking it will be a good thing to do just before i head back into PhD world? guess there's only one way to find out :)

x
z

ps. pv, what does pv stand for? per vert? pretty vacant? prince valiant? hmmm...

2:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for your retreat !

It's a hard slog, but it's sooo worth it.

:)

11:29 pm  
Blogger Zoo said...

umm, thanks- but this post was almost a year ago :)

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home