Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Does It Feel To Be A Pregnant Man?

'Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights. Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire, but a human desire' says Thomas Beattie in this article in The Advocate (that I also nicked from Nix). He continues ' How does it feel to be a pregnant man? Incredible. Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am. In a technical sense I see myself as my own surrogate, though my gender identity as male is constant. To Nancy, I am her husband carrying our child—I am so lucky to have such a loving, supportive wife. I will be my daughter’s father, and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family.'

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing! theres more: http://tinyurl.com/36j95l

2:47 pm  
Blogger Terence (cathmart) said...

Martin said: OMG this story got a run in the TELEGRAPH! and it's not too bad. http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23439542-5001021,00.html

3:02 pm  
Blogger nixwilliams said...

happy to oblige with links of awesome! *g*

2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home