Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Zoo Positive

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between
You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene...

- J Mercer
'Accentuate The Positive' (as sung by Bing Crosby, Ella Mae Morse and squillions of other people)

Maybe its the effect of being up at 4:45 this morning to head to work (6:45 start, coming from my parentoids's place in the stix) and thus watching the crescent moon and stars disappear and a new day dawn in between snatches of sleep on the train, maybe its the effect of getting some dirty action at Inqui, maybe its the effect of a cute blog comment from a random admirer, maybe it was just realising what else I could do in the amount of time I spend worrying about people who have hurt me, or suddenly having it confirmed that whilst I have been a VERY BAD Zoo in some cases, not EVERYTHING that has gone wrong lately in my life is ALL my fault (ie there are plenty of other crazy folk involved and not all of their actions have been nice/reasonable either) ... Don't know why exactly, but am more inclined today than usual to just pull my little socks up and get on with being happy. The sun is shining, ski season is fast approaching, I'm getting some $ in, doing some shows, and I'm amongst good people who love me most of the time. Heck, who can complain about that?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home