Friday, January 18, 2008

Fairtytale Of New York

You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot

- The Pogues
'Fairytale of New York'

I am currently living in a tent in a Queens apartment, in the home of the Mangina (Google it- you will be amazed). It is surreal. Yesterday ate a big pile of banana pancakes for breakfast, had a disco nap, went to the city and the Marlborough gallery, ate Thai, bought a big pile of organic hippy food from the store (yay for amaranth cereal and almond milk), then spent two hours at the Russian baths (including ages in teh amazing aromatherapy sauna room), went to a bookstore and grabbed a copy of Orlando, came home and watched Brazil on the telly and talked crap with M. Its hilarious, and he is great silly company. His missus comes back from afar today, and we are planning some sort of birthday branding bash for me on Saturday night (actually day is Sunday). Lucky I bought that branding iron with me after all! Gonna take lots of pix, and do some performance type stuff and generally get a bit debauched I imagine. Think on Sunday, if it isn't too painful to walk or too confusing to be in public, I will go down to Coney Island and be a freak... is getting colder here, with a forecast of 30degress F (ie -8.3 in REAL degrees) for Sunday. Woohoo! Maybe I will get snow on my birthday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home