Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dinner With Tom Cho's Grandmother

Most of you will be aware that the delightful Tom Cho is performing at Transsensual Events on Sunday. You should check out his sublimely ridiculous piece of writing, Dinner With My Grandmother right now, and then play on the rest of his site for a while. Trust me, you'll feel much chirpier for it! Here's a teaser from the abovementioned short story:

'An interesting thing about my grandmother is that she is called Captain Merrill Stubing. This is due to an incident that occurred when my grandfather first courted my grandmother. My grandparents initially met on a skiing holiday. There was nothing my grandparents loved more than skiing the slopes of Shanghai, and it was on these slopes that they first met and fell in love. My grandfather had boldly approached my grandmother at the chair lifts. He had asked her, “What is your name?” and she had replied seductively, “What would you like it to be?” and he had said, “I would like your name to be Captain Merrill Stubing”, and so now my grandmother has to answer to that name.'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home