Thursday, July 05, 2007

Barefoot Chanteuse

She is re-creation
She, intoxicated by thee
She has the slow sensation
That he is levitating with she

Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
'til I lose my sense of gravity...

I'm dancing barefoot
Heading for a spin
Some strange music draws me in
Makes me come on like some heroin/e

(oh god I fell for you ...)

-Patti Smith
'Dancing Barefoot'


Another day, another 'hits me right smack in the pink bits instant wet panties' moment. Went and watched Kath Ellis perform at the Buzz Bar last night. Big girl, big voice, big eye makeup, big hair, big ruched satin gown, big energy and bare feet. To be clear, I have never cared too muchly for the foot as a source of lustmaking, although I have on certain occassions enjoyed having my sweaty dancefloor feet licked clean and obviously I do have quite a boot thing happening. But this was one of the sexiest things I had even seen, left me absolutely gobsmacked and breathless... right up there with when I saw Patti Smith for my 22nd birthday at The Palais and she oh-so-slowly took off her boots to sing 'Dancing Barefoot' and I couldn't speak for about two hours afterwards 'cos I had just realised/admitted that a woman could have that effect on me... Wow... Footloose and fancy free, toes gripping the worn wood at the edge of the tabletop, casually tickling the hairs on a lover's legs, assertively wrapped around necks, playfully squeaking across freshly-washed sand, dirty soles wantonly smudging across clean floors...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

zoo, hello it's kath. glad you liked the show!

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home