Saturday, July 07, 2007

That Boi Needs Therapy

That boy needs therapy, purely psychosomatic
That boy needs therapy
Lie down on the couch! What does that mean?
You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!

- The Avalanches
'Frontier Psychiatry'

In one of those unexpected conversations you have with people you don't know too well but really blow your mind, someone was telling me recently that in the past when they had been made to 'swallow their words/swallow shit' they would go home and throw up afterwards. This got me thinking about how sore my sinuses had been lately, and my theory from a while ago that my sinus trouble was often linked to my emotional state. Consider the symptoms: clenched jaw, watery eyes, slight loss of vision, inability to/hurts to smile, mental fogginess, bleeding gums. And the intense pressure behind your eyes like when you really need to cry but can't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home